March 12th, 2014, posted by Marc
Spring is around the corner! While you might have been smiling or laughing as you read that, with last week’s snow still in our minds, Spring is inevitable. It’s in the front of our minds here at Brandon Green Residential, since helping people like you buy and sell homes is something that, to do well, involves careful, advance preparation.
So, how can you prepare for Spring? You’ll find some tips later in this newsletter. If you’re considering buying or selling a home this year, you’ll be most successful if you start to plan now. What are some of the things you can start to do?
If you’re planning on selling your home, here’s how you start to get ready:
- Schedule routine maintenance and repair. Check and fix your home’s landscaping, your furnace and interior or exterior paint. If buyers see things that need immediate repair, they wonder what else needs repair that they don’t see.
- Start to detach emotionally from your home. A sale is about more than you. It’s now the buyer’s future home.
- Stage the Home. A model home looks comfortable to everyone. You want your home to have mass appeal. We can help with ideas and recommend a professional stager.
If you’re planning on buying a home, here’s how you start to get ready:
- Start with a copy of your credit report. You’ll want to look for and correct any inaccuracies now, since your credit will have an impact on any type of financing you need. We can even help you with resources for improving your credit.
- Sell or donate items that you don’t use. If you have less, you may not need as large or expensive a home. You will reduce your moving costs and you will have a little more money to buy a home.
- Sit down with us for a “Buyer Consultation.” We can discuss areas and options, price analysis, contracts, negotiation, inspections, appraisal, and more.
As you read through our newsletter, you’ll see that we’re already making our mission happen here at Brandon Green Residential –we’ve already helped quite a few people move their lives forward in 2014. We’ve helped sellers bring homes to market in areas like Chevy Chase and Truxton Circle, and we’ve helped bring buyers to new homes, like Leo S. and Rosario P. in Shepard Park and Jason and Jennifer M. in Silver Spring. We’re helping clients like the British Government look at and buy homes throughout the metropolitan area to house British officials and employees, in areas like upper NW, Alexandria and Bethesda.
We’ve all moved our clocks ahead…”springing forward” as they like to say. If we can help you spring forward, we’re just a call, text or email away.