Congratulations, it’s finally yours!
You’re in your new home, but we’re still here for you. For example, if you arranged to rent back your property to the seller for a short period of time, we will continue to advise you and make sure your interests and investment are protected.
Remember, Brandon Green Companies is a resource for you long after you have purchased your home. Our focus on you does not end at settlement. We are here to answer questions, give advice, or explore new ideas. And should you have any homeowner needs, check out that section of this site.
Here is a moving-in checklist that you will find helpful when the time comes:
- Contact your insurance agent to switch or cancel your policies.
- Send the post office your change of address form. Or you can complete this form online.
- If you are changing banks, notify the companies with whom you have automatic debit and credit arrangements.
- Forward your medical records to your new doctors and dentists.
- Make sure you are licensed and your car is registered within the required time frame. And don't forget to get a parking permit if you need one!
- Stop or transfer delivery of your newspaper.
- Eventually credit card companies and other creditors will find you so it is best to call them now and let them know you will be moving.
- The seller is only obligated to leave the house “broom clean.” So you will need to buy cleaning materials or hire a professional to scrub it—ask us, and we can refer a cleaning company to you.
- Schedule painting, repairs, or renovations before you move into your new home.
- A couple of weeks before your move, schedule to end utility service (telephone, water, gas, electricity, trash collection, oil delivery, and security-alarm monitoring) at your current home and start the services in your new one.